CARE OF YOUR DENTURES
Follow these steps to help keep dentures in good condition:
- Do not wash / clean dentures using hot water, as this will bleach the dentures over a period of time.
- Use cold water and a nailbrush, or toothbrush, or denture brush to clean the surface of dentures.
- Soap and / or toothpaste can be used to wash dentures. If Steradent is used it is best to be used only for about ten minutes, as it can cause bleaching.
- Abrasive pastes such as smokers toothpaste or pumice are best avoided. These can scour denture surfaces.
- If left out overnight dentures are best left in cold water, otherwise they may dessicate and distort.
- Leaving dentures out at night allows the saliva to flow over the denture bearing area of the mouth, thus reducing the build up of plaque.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT US OR VISIT OUR INTERNET ADDRESS:-
Family Dental Practice